2001-12-22 Silvan Minghetti
* Added --user and --group options to run as user/group.
* Updated man/hlmaster.1 accordingly.
2001-12-15 Silvan Minghetti
* Added debug function HLServerList::LogSnapshot().
2001-11-27 Silvan Minghetti
* Fixed a nullpointer exception in HLServerList::HeartBeat.
* Added HLInfoList.cpp and HLInfoList.h to Makefile.am in
src and include.
2001-11-07 Silvan Minghetti
* Moved HeartBeat logic to HLServerList class.
* Moved Challenge Id logic to HLServerList class.
2001-11-03 Silvan Minghetti
* Changed serverinfo datatypes to use less memory.
* Redesigned the CheckTimeout function.
* Converted HLServerList to a doubly linked list.
* Number of bad-checks set to 1 for new hosts.
* Number of bad-checks set to 2 for loaded hosts.
* Removed ping code (replaced by details request/reply).
* Changed max listsize to 60'000.
* Limited number of servers loadable by --server-list
* Servers loaded via --server-list are getting checked
in a bunch of 100 servers every 10 seconds. If you
load a lot of servers, it'll take a while until they
get checked (max 5 minutes).
2001-11-01 Silvan Minghetti
* Send a details request instead of a ping request to
servers loaded by --server-list.
* Created HLInfoList - which is used to save the
gamedir and mapname status informations.
2001-10-30 Silvan Minghetti
* Randomized the challenge number in HLMaster to prevent
denial of service with spoofed ip's.
* Moved the challenge string parsing logic into the
* Challenge infos changed a bit with hl version 188.8.131.52:
- Old: \dedicated\1
- New: \type\d
* Hosts replying with an invalid challenge id are
now rejected to prevent flooding with spoofed ip's.
2001-10-30 Silvan Minghetti
* ServerList and FilterList Load functions now return
the number of successfully loaded servers instead
2001-10-29 Silvan Minghetti
* Added basic (no filtering) support for the Half-Life
* Fixed a bug concerning gamespy. If the list had more
than 230 entries, gamespy did not display any of them.
* Changed #ifdef __linux__ to PFC_SYSTEM_UNIX - which in
fact checks for __linux__, __FreeBSD__, __NetBSD__.
2001-07-04 Silvan Minghetti
* The custom servername (--server-name) is now allways
prefixed by "HLMaster 0.9.2 - ".
* List type2 request was broken (returned bad index, only
occured with more than about 340 servers).
2001-06-29 Silvan Minghetti
* Added --server-filter option.
* SIGUSR1 now reloads configuration files only.
* SIGUSR2 now reloads logfiles only.
2001-06-28 Silvan Minghetti
* Created CStringBuffer class, and use it for creating
* Increased and improved log-messages.
2001-06-27 Silvan Minghetti
* Removed multi-master code complety (main.cpp).
* Split input processing (ProcessInput) into multiple
* Select is now performed on the Socket object directly,
instead of requireing a PFileDescriptor object. The
PFileDescriptor class might be a subject to drop completly.
* Gameservers which send a hearbeat but do not respond
to the challenge request wont be listed by list requests.
They are not deleted, because they're still heartbeating.
2001-06-23 Silvan Minghetti
* Tabs in the --server-list are now accepted.
* Changed some argument names (--host-list to --server-list,
--server-name to --master-name, ...).
2001-06-22 Silvan Minghetti
* Removed --error-log. All errors are now reported
within the --info-log.
* Added --host-list. You can now load a list of hosts
instead of waiting for them to send a heartbeat.
* Added --private-mode. If you load hosts, you may
go into private mode. This adds ban filter for all
hosts, so only the ones in your host-list are accepted.
* The access-log now does not use the log-level value
specified with --log-level. It's allways on level "Info".
* Invalid queries are logged only with log-level "Debug".
2001-06-15 Silvan Minghetti
* Initial release.